Soft Prawn

Thought whoring and verbal pimping

Friday, June 24, 2005

Mission statement (for dummies)

Since I'm going to start more time on the net in the next few weeks I could just as well keep my terribly fascinating blog up to date.I mean, I don't want to lose my audience or anything. Keep up the silent treatment guys, it's doing wonders for my self esteem!

Ok, let's face it, a successful blog won't just happen. So instead of giving it my all with a rant every trimonth or so perhaps I should just take a break from my hectic posting paste and analyze what makes a 'wow' blog just that.

First of all, a goal. Ok, my goal with my blogs from now till I accomplish it is to get at least ONE OTHER PERSON to read it. This is a nigh-on-impossible goal, so at least I won't have to lose any sleep over accomplishing it or anything.

Ok, up next then is a mission with my blogs. I abstain from this since at the moment I'm not really interested and I pretty much know myself and my ability to stick to any plan for a set time. So this blog will remain liberating missionless. If you want to read a blog with a mission go read a political or religious rant somewhere else.

Thirdly I consider it a good idea to figure out how blogspot works. As I logged on, after a merciless fight with my chronic short-term memory for a possible username I might have used, I couldn't find a link to any other blog except my own. Hell, I even struggled to just get to this screen to compose a new entry. And I'm a computer engineer, or at least a shallow facsimile of one. In my knowledge of all the doo-da's of blogspot maybe then I can find out what then is that strange beast that is a successful blog.

Fourthly I should really get my thoughts down of the world around me. My world might not be unique, or interesting, or deserving of any third-party scrutiny, but at least .... Nothing comes to mind really, I just want to write about my world, ok? Sheesh.

Ok, but off to work. Not that I'm on a deadline or anything, I'm just a lowly student vacation laborer, but the looks I'm getting makes me uncomfortable enough to start putting up the pretense of working again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home